Pages

Sunday, May 8, 2011

gaiety



I just had someone come up to me and say he initially thought I was gay because I was hanging out with so many gay people.

He was a gay bartender. And it was funny how unabashedly stereotypical he proved himself to be.

I get that a lot though, being thought of as gay. Could be because of the way I dress. Could be because I'm so mouthy. Could be because I once had a girlfriend, which is a lie I sometimes think of telling people who care so much about finding out my sexuality.

I'm not gay, and that definitely makes me less interesting.

Yes, I have a lot of gay friends (my last count tells me I have at least five) and I love hanging out with every single one of them.


It always seemed to me a bit pointless to disapprove of homosexuality.
It's like disapproving of the rain. - Francis Maude




2 comments:

  1. Those are examples of close-minded people.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was like, "Wow, there's just no surprising you, is there?"


    People.

    ReplyDelete