Pages

Friday, September 10, 2010

listen


I hate being roused by any means. If I had my way, I would wake up every day at the exact time I felt like waking up to. Not because I've already slept eighteen hours away, or because breakfast is ready or because the especially rock hard pillow I've been resting my pretty little head on was in fact the toilet bowl.

But I always, always love waking up to the chirping of the birds. Whenever I wake up to the chirping birds, I can't help but think that something magical can still happen. As long as I keep waking up.

So I felt rather sad when I realized that some individuals with hearing loss might never hear the sound of the birds again, or have, actually, never heard them in their entire life.

That's just really sad. And this time, I'm saying it without a smirk on my face.




No comments:

Post a Comment